Thursday 20 August 2020

It is a Wrap!

By Gloria Makafui Dovoh, 2nd year MDP student

It is a wrap and I can safely say I have completed a big chunk of my principal deliverables for my field placement and it feels so exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel- firstly, for my placement and secondly for the entire Masters in Development Practice program. I have looked for funding opportunities for the Ethnocultural Council of Manitoba-Stronger Together Incorporated (ECCM-ST Inc.) and written at least four grant applications.

Anti-racism campaign poster
I have also assisted with the planning of event(s), participated in several virtual meetings with different partner organizations including Social Planning Council of Winnipeg, Immigration Partnership Winnipeg (IPW), ECCM-ST Inc, Manitoba Association of Rights and Liberties, Elmwood Community Resource Centre and various anti-racism sector tables made up of representatives from not-for-profit organizations, government and academic institutions. I have also participated in other duties including; developing a debunking racist COVID-19 myths & misconceptions sheet and promoting and attending IPW’s anti-racism summer lunch and learn held at various locations.

Through my placement with IPW and ECCM-ST Inc., I have built relationships and networks that I believe will assist me on my career path. It has also provided me with exposure to know and deeply understand issues of integration and social inclusion. I can confidently say that even under this global health crisis, my placement has been excellent and the opportunities I have been privileged to receive have been tremendous. Concerning best practices and lessons learnt, I will continue to be grateful for the process and opportunities I have and look forward with a positive mind-set both professionally and personally.
Participants at a Summer Lunch & Learn event


No comments:

Post a Comment