Saturday 13 August 2022

The Final Countdown

 By Janelle Poiron, 2nd year MDP student

Tansi everyone! It’s Janelle again as I finish up my very last field placement with the Public Health Agency of Canada!

I think this summer has really started to teach me about work life balance. It’s become one of those buzzwords you hear and that people use all the time. However, I’ve worked throughout my whole degree alongside an intense class schedule as a full time master’s student, so work life balance was almost non existent. Some days, between work and school you barely have a spare minute for anything else in your life. However, as things have slowed down this summer and my last assignments are coming due, I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

In 3 weeks, I’ll be officially done. I’ve started thinking towards the future a lot as I look forward to this next chapter. I’ve even started making mental lists of my hobbies that I haven’t been able to practice in awhile that I’ll be able to do with all this new free time.

It was a long two years of hard work, made harder by Covid-19 but I know it was worth it.

I’m also very happy to share I’ve been offered to continue working for the Federal Government on a more permanent basis since I’ll be graduating in the fall! This is a direct result of my previous work experience, my education and my placement this summer! I’m excited to start my non-student job soon.

So goodbye for the last time!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment